15 Reviews.Roof Repair
Phone: (844) 494-6507
open 24 hours – 7 days a week
Roof Repair Information
Advantages of a AustinRoof Repair Company
The roof is one of the most important parts of an establishment. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most neglected and forgotten as many building owners often overlook small cracks and leaks only to find greater damage in the long run. Here are reasons why you should hire a personal roof inspection and repair company to take care of one of the most important safety features of your property:
• A professional service can provide you with a great variety of services. These experts can and will do so much more than just discover and repair leaks on your roof. They can also offer a wide range of maintenance services, ranging from constructing roof flashing, repairing water damage, and replacing shingles. They can also fix other critical parts of your roofing, ranging from vent pipes and chimneys to skylights and drainage systems. They can also perform interior damage repair caused by leaky roofs to make sure that your property is in good condition from the inside out.
• Commercial roofing contractors also have an extensive supply of high quality materials that ensure reliable repair services. This means any damage repair they carry out are guaranteed to last long. Typical roofing materials available at your local hardware store are often inferior to what these companies are supplied. They often use specially designed roofing materials and finishes such as elastomeric coating, which enhance the durability and quality of roofs.
• Professional leak repair services are also cost-effective. Even when you have commercial-scale repair needs, professional services aren’t as expensive as they may seem. As a matter of fact, you will end up saving a great deal of your hard earned money by seeking the help of professional repairmen in the first place, rather than trying to fix the damage on your own. A professional roofer will not only offer you short-term solutions to your leak problems but provide you with options that will help you prevent damage in the long term. Settling for unprofessional repair work can actually cost you more in the long run, especially when the temporary repair fails and causes more irreversible damage.
• Safety is another major advantage of hiring professional commercial roofing contractors. Trying to repair building leaks can be quite dangerous. Professionals have all the right equipment, tools, and skills to make sure that repairs go well, with the safety of their workers and their clients in mind. They also guarantee protection of your property throughout the duration of the repair project.
10 Quick Tips About Texas Roof Repair
The roof is an integral part of any house. But just like any other part of your house, the roof is also susceptible to damages and leaks. Major leaks and damages can be repaired with the help of a professional roofer, but you can take care of the minor defects all by yourself. Here are 10 quick tips about roof repair:
1) Think of safety first
Trying to locate a leak as soon as it happens can land you in a hospital. Going up on a roof that is fully covered with snow is not the best way to find a leak. In fact, you should avoid doing the same while it is raining. When you try to temporarily mend a leak, it can prove to be very dangerous. There is no known quick-fix solution to any roofing problem. Take your time, be patient and wait for the perfect weather to do the fixing.
2) Take necessary precautions
Working on a rooftop will force you to take positions that are either uncomfortable or not safe. Just slip into a pair of rubber-soled shoes as it prevents you from slipping. Take the help of a harness and your friend for extra precaution.
3) Spray the roof
Take the garden hose in your hands and go on the roof and begin spraying in various locations across the roof to locate the leak. However, this policy is good in summers only and do not ever think of doing it during wintertime as it is never safe to spray water on the roof in freezing temperatures.
4) Keep the gutters clean
The most common cause of a roof leak is the clogged gutter. A clogged gutter will always cause buildup of water whenever there is a reasonable amount of rainfall.
5) Avoid dry rot
This problem is not exactly related to water damage but mainly due to shortage of ventilation. If the repair is right at the center of the roof then it is most likely due to deterioration of the plywood. If it is so, then the roof will begin to sag and the shingles will begin to become brittle, cracked and will eventually start to leak. If you hope to prevent dry rot then you need to install a ridge vent. However, this ridge vent will only function when a soffit vent is installed.
6) Prevent the buildup of ice
During winter, ice can easily build up under the gutters, shingles and the roof membrane. The ice generally builds back up right at the point in the line of the wall where the house is heated thereby creating an interior drip. To take care of this problem, you need to install a drip ridge along with ice and rain shields and proper ventilation.
7) Fix the roof boots
Skylights are obvious places for leaks, but one thing we miss is the necessity of having rubber boots. You can purchase a new pair of roof boots at any hardware store.
8) Inspect the materials
If the shingles are faulty then they will start to crack even after they have been successfully nailed down. Faulty installation with shingles and nails play a big part in leaks. If the nails are nailed too low then they will start pushing up. So do check your equipment before getting on the roof.
9) Check valleys
The intersection where the two roofs come together is known as a valley. These are known to be very common places for leaks because this is the place where the water from the roof accumulates and it will eventually start sloshing.
10) Eliminate leaks
Still unable to locate the leaks even after trying for the umpteenth time? Do not get discouraged easily. It is, after all, a part of the process of elimination which involves planning and loads of patience.
Surrounding Areas We Serve In Texas
Roof Repair in Pflugerville TX
Roof Repair in Cedar Park TX
Roof Repair in Manchaca TX
Roof Repair in Del Valle TX
Roof Repair in Round Rock TX
Roof Repair in Dripping Springs TX
Roof Repair in Hutto TX
Cash & Check Our AustinOur Roofing Experts accept all forms of cash and checks payments.Other payment options may be available. Please call for more info.
Austin Roof Repair
Austin, TX 73301
Travis, Texas (TX)